OWI Attorney Protecting Your Right to Drive in Des Moines, Iowa
Aggressive defense for your OWI case
Being charged with an OWI in Iowa is a serious matter with serious consequences. If you are convicted, you may lose your authorization to drive, be forced to pay outrageous insurance premiums and even spend time in jail. When your liberty is on the line, you need a serious attorney to aggressively defend you in court. With seven years of experience handling OWI cases, the Law Office of Adam Kehrwald in Des Moines has forged its reputation as an innovator in the field of OWI defense. We are known for going the extra mile to ensure clients get the best possible results.
This Des Moines attorney stands up for your rights
We do not allow the police or the prosecution to run roughshod over your rights. The Law Office of Adam Kehrwald works with our client to find out the whole story and keeps you informed throughout every step of the process. We know that cases can end and sentences can be reduced when there has been police misconduct, so the Law Office of Adam Kehrwald scrutinizes every piece of evidence the police submit in your case to make sure that they followed proper protocols and procedure. We understand Iowa’s OWI laws and are diligent in building defenses that make sense legally, logically and scientifically. We fight the prosecution at every turn to ensure that you are treated with the respect you deserve and that you get the results you desire.
How to protect yourself from the police
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t become a victim. Follow these six tips and keep yourself out of jail:
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support an OWI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Take the sobriety test. Many OWI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact an OWI attorney immediately.
Don’t let the police take your future away from you. Contact the Law Office of Adam Kehrwald today.
If you have been arrested for OWI, you need an aggressive attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call the Law Office of Adam Kehrwald today at 515-512-9982 or contact us online to set up a free initial consultation.